Friday, April 2, 2010

RE Future

Last week I scheduled an appointment with an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) at a well reputable fertility group in town. I got a chance to talk to the receptionist that was very kind and helpful in answering all my questions.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is not too soon and that I am not moving too quickly. The appointment is in mid-May, and it's more of a "get to know you" appointment to figure out our options, what kind of treatment or testing we'd like to do, that kind of thing. Mostly, I'd like to get out of it the knowledge that we are doing everything right or what we could be doing to improve our chances before dealing with ARTs.

One of the recommendations on his website is taking a daily baby aspirin. I've heard of this treatment before, but I had heard its use in those with reoccurring miscarriages. It is also supposed to help with the thickness and quality of the uterine lining apparently. I've seriously considered adding it to my regime. Anyone had any experience with this?

5 comments:

  1. I've heard that also but my RE has never said anything about it. Maybe it should only be used in certain cases? I think it's great that you made the appointment. Trusting and liking your re is very important. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about the baby aspirin as well, but don't want to start taking it without asking my RE first. Next time I go in I was planning on asking them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My RE put me on baby aspirin right after my egg retrieval to assist with blood flow and implantation and I am still on it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby aspirin is standard operating procedure fom the beginning for IUI and IVF patients at my clinic. I have been taking it daily since I first started there almost a year ago. I had never been pg when I started there, so it wasn't because of previous m/c.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard about the baby aspirin thing but my RE never put me on it. I'm excited for your upcoming RE appt :)

    ReplyDelete