Thursday, February 24, 2011

February Goals Recap

February Goals:
Debt Free - No unnecessary clothing purchases
No problems here. I still look occasionally, and the Steals Network and Zulily sometimes makes it really hard not to buy nursing wear on discount. Still, I don't need it and plan to make do with what I have! I still could probably use a few nursing tanks/camis.

Photography - Weekly photo update, artsy photo shoot and designed birth announcement
This I've been failing at. Adjusting to a new schedule has made it really hard for me to do a weekly shoot, that and not being able to walk upstairs to the studio for the first few weeks. I'm actually feeling pretty bad about this because I wanted to document her weekly changes. I suppose I'll stick with monthly instead.

I did get one artsy shot in, and hope to get another in soon. I'm still working on the birth announcement but also hope to get that in this weekend so it'll be done by the end of the month.

Breastfeeding - Buy nursing bras, finish Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, and attend LLL meeting
Bras were purchased the day after Baby Girl's birth and I have finished The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and still refer to it occasionally. The LLL meeting was cancelled due to the blizzard that swept through the midwest and kept us housebound for most of a week.

I really needed more help than I sought. Luckily I do have some resources on Twitter and the love and support of family to get through the trials of breastfeeding. In the future, I'll be posting more. Just know it's been a difficult ride but we are managing.

Pre-pregnancy Shape/Nutrition - Nutrition and proper body image expectations
I am currently hovering at about 5 pounds above my pre-pregancy weight at about 3 weeks postpartum. Its been hard to keep up with the nutrition when others cook for you, but at least I am eating regularly! I'm still wearing the clothes that I'd been wearing throughout most of my pregnancy. There are a few pieces that I cannot wear because they are too large. Most of my other clothes are packed up still, so I am not sure if they fit or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment