Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


Welcome to 2013!
A lot has been happening in my life since I mysteriously stopped blogging in November last year. A whole lot, but we will catch up on that later in a 2012 review post.  I'm planning on getting back into blogging, archival of milestones and as a motivator to keep me going in the new year.

As for goals, I have a few broad ideas that I'll be refining in the next few day or weeks. I want to concentrate on being a better ME. I want to get into better shape, eat healthier, have more mental focus, and improve my confidence. The reason I don't want to get into specifics is because 2013 will be a year of discovery for myself. I don't want to have unattainable goals such as, I will do yoga 3 days a week. What if I decide I don't like yoga all that much? Instead my goals will be as such.

  • Discover ways to become more physically active on a regular basis
  • Discover eating more fruits and vegetables (ie one per meal), and be open to trying new foods
  • reDiscover the joy of drinking water (reduce refined sugar consumption)
  • Discover strengths and weaknesses in my skills and talents (what do I do best? What keeps me happy?)
  • Discover and refine better coping skills
  • Discover expressing gratitude
  • Discover the world in the eyes of a child
  • Discover the joy of organizing (and being organized)


In addition, there's the budget review and forecast of the next year. If you aren't creating financial goals along with your other resolutions, I strongly encourage you to do so. This week, I discovered that somehow the weekly savings we'd set up for BG was cancelled in June. Looks like we have 6 months of savings to catch up for her. Were it not for the review, I'm not sure when I would have discovered the error. Along with the above goals, the family is focusing on reducing and/or eliminating revolving debt. We are still working on the unexpected furnace and heat pump replacement costs, but also some other stupid debt that we've accumulated from a lack of financial diligence on my part. (It's so much easier to grab fast food meals when you're too busy or tired to cook.)

I'll touch base on these a bit more in the near future, on how and what I am doing to accomplish them.

Cheers! 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment