Monday, May 18, 2009

The Ending, or The Beginning?

The period.

As I was growing up and learning about grammar and physiology, I learned that the period designated the end. The end of a sentence, the end of a cycle. Then, it starts over again.

However I have a new outlook. After studying about conception and pregnancy, I have realized that it's not the end but the beginning. It's the shedding of the old and starting anew. As odd as it seems, the outlook almost seems refreshing. Chemical reactions and hormone changes, it all seems so magical that everything works in tandem.

Officially May marks the start of my husband and I trying to conceive. We have just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary and feel it's time to get on with it. :) What I am most nervous about is my husband's mentioning to family that we'll be having a baby soon. I really must protest at his wording. I'm not preggers yet! I don't want to give anyone a false sense just in case there are any hiccups along the way.

While my perfect vision of events sees it happening quickly, I know not to stake everything on immediate conception. Only 20% of pregnancies are conceived during the first month of trying to conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment