Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hesitation and Realization

I mentioned on my personal blog that I was feeling a little unsure that I was ready. I was feeling a little remorseful about some of the things I haven't done or haven't done often enough. I had a list of things I wanted to do before starting a family. Little things like going to a club and hitting up a theme park. After some introspection I realized that I was putting too much emphasis on family life completely changing things. While I know that there will be some sacrifices, I also know that I shouldn't expect to have to cut out all the fun things in my life either.

This was during a time in which I usually start thinking about what I want to do over the summer. I think I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the things I usually do that I won't be able to do while pregnant. Drinking, not that I drink that much but a few over the course of a year, roller coasters, scuba diving, and I'll be limited on what manual labor I can do and how much time I spend in the heat. However I still have my photography, crafts, and other things to preoccupy myself with. Maybe I'll even get a chance to get some reading in. The usual landscaping projects will be scaled way back, although I do have plans for some work in the fall. I'll probably need help with completing them.

In the end, it's not about what I can or cannot do, but adapting to the situation. I'm sure cold feet are normal, but don't let them blow out of proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment