Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Tomorrow I have decided to break up my torrid love/hate relationship of roughly 1 year. At times it was all consuming. The first thing I kissed in the morning and the last thing I touched before falling asleep. Some days I swore it off, threatening to end it all then and there in a fit of rage. Other days I sought its comfort and reassurance.

I met with the RE and he suggested that I could end the relationship, should I so choose. It's usefulness has all run out and the proof is in ink. I can stand up proudly and proclaim, I know I can O.

So, farewell to you, Mr. Thermometer. Its been a lovely ride but you are no longer needed. I think in the long run, I would be better off without you in my life. No more pouring over charts and 2ww temps to indicate any signs. After tomorrow I will no longer be a slave to your beeps and lack of a day glow light that requires me to shine my phone at you to see your face.

Please don't stare at me with your 97.70 eyes, or show me how LO you're feeling. You cannot guilt me back. If you are good, I will store you with some pink wrapped pillows for the next 9 months.

Farewell O Thermometer, it was a wild ride while it lasted.

4 comments:

  1. Yay to getting rid of mr thermometer !!! :) hopefully you'll only need him to take your babys temp soon :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's a sweet idea cara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so liberating getting rid of the thermometer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only temped for one month and it's awful. I went crazy. I don't know how much longer I'll do it. But good for you for stopping! :)

    ReplyDelete