Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 6: 30 Day Blog Journal

20 of My Favorite Things
I wish I could pull out my journal when I was in high school. I have a history of depression and one of the things I did to combat it when I was in high school was have a list of things to be happy about. It always cheered me up when I was having a rough day. I showed to a girl I thought was a good friend and found out later she made fun of me about it. I think she was jealous, but I am not sure why. I wasn't flaunting what I had to be grateful for. I think it a great exercise in gratitude. Sometimes you take for granted the simple things that make you happy. Anyway, onto my list in no particular order...

  1. Bastet cuddles (kitty #2)
  2. Little Man antics (kitty #1)
  3. Sounds from my koi pond
  4. Watching my belly grow
  5. Having the windows open on a cool sunny day
  6. Listening to a good rock song with with car windows down
  7. Sound of myself breathing from a SCUBA tank
  8. My camera
  9. Camping when the weather is nice
  10. Smell of a bonfire
  11. Scrap book retreats with family
  12. Hugs from my siblings
  13. Surprise parties
  14. Twinkling lights on Christmas trees
  15. Freshly fallen snow
  16. Hot chocolate warming frostbitten noses
  17. Crisp fall weekends at Notre Dame Stadium
  18. Football Sunday
  19. Having laughs over dinner with friends
  20. Donut Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment