Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Am I Just Lucky?

Occasionally I'll mention on Twitter just how lucky I feel to have such a great baby. World, you have no idea, really. We have a routine that really suits BG, mostly because it is decided by her. She sleeps well, she eats well, she plays well, she laughs often and is generally in a good mood 95% of the time she's awake and she's not been sick yet. She's thriving and seems to be early on almost all of her milestones. Every so often I have people suggest that perhaps we are to take credit for it .

Afterall, I gave her a good start with being extra diligent while I was pregnant. We are good at picking up her cues and not letting her get overtired. We keep the atmosphere here calm and try not to overstimulate her. We anticipate when she will be hungry or when she will need a diaper change. We are almost always upbeat and happy around her (and how could we not, we love to make her smile and laugh). We are quick to comfort when needed and getting pretty good at redirecting attention when her temper does flare.

So the question is, are we just all really in tune with each other? Are we really just lucky in the good baby department? Could our demenure be reflected on our child? Just how much can we take credit for as parents?

I'm more likely to feel like we are just lucky, but I also tend to undersell my own achievements. Either way, I'll give myself a small pat on the back and thank my lucky stars that she is in our lives.


Fist bump mom, 'cuz you're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment