Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sea Monkey Stats 24 Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks

Weight? 130

Symptoms? Constipation, crampy aching feet, the dreaded H word

Maternity clothes? Yes

Nursery Purchases? Starry Night poster

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep? Been feeling better in the sleep department, although it is getting harder to wake up without the sun anymore!

Best moment this week?

Movement? Feeling more movement than last week, although there are still days here and there where I don't feel much

Food cravings? Nothing

What I miss? Nothing

What I'm looking forward to? Photography session Saturday

Milestones?

Emotions?I'm becoming much more aware of my body, and I'm starting to come to terms with it. I've always loved pregnant bellies, but when I see it on myself it seems foreign. At the start, I noticed it more in the bathroom mirror at work, so I avoided the mirror. I don't really get much of a glimpse of it in the mirrors at home. Sometimes it still makes me feel a bit self conscious, but I promised myself that I would love my baby bump. So, I bought a few more clothes (some maternity, some not) to show off my bump.

This week I have started focusing on the near future. I've been researching and preparing a list of items to pack for our "hospital" bag(s), and also getting recommendations for Pediatricians. I'm trying to get a head start so I don't start feeling panicked over what's left to do. I have my to do list for the rest of the year, I've started birthing classes, the only thing I feel I'm lagging behind on is my reading.

In other non-baby news, I got a raise at work. :) Looks like it will be enough to cover the increase in insurance costs once I bump up coverage to include family. It really was unexpected, and I love the company I work for.

Welcome to 25 Weeks

1 comment:

  1. aww so exciting! I am planning to hang Starry Night in Snow Pea's nursery as well :)

    ReplyDelete