Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Packin

I'm planning to deliver at a birth center, which is quite a bit different than a stay in the hospital. Barring any complications, I would head back home 4 hours after delivery. My needs will be a bit different than the usual hospital bag. I'm a minimalist, but I like to be prepared so I have my bag for the birth center, bag of food/snacks, and a separate hospital bag (just in case). We are 30 miles from the birth center, so I feel its important to have everything ready in the car because it wouldn't be easy to just run home and grab something we've forgotten.

Birth Bag
Pillow
Laptop
Phone charger
Camera
Bamboo candles
Waterproof pad for the car
Dark colored pants
robe
nursing tank
nursing bra
Sleeping bra
undies
Change of clothes for DH
Swim trunks for DH
Eye mask
Mints/gum
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Face cleanser
Chapstick
Massage Oil
Lotion
Lanolin
Shampoo/conditioner/soap
Comb
hairbands
Overnight pads
Meds for DH
Boppy
Outfit for baby
Hat
socks
blankets
baby legs
diapers
wipes
Jacket

Food Bag
Gatorade (3 bottles in place of orange juice)
Bottled water (2 gallons)
Fruit Punch (real, not fruit drink)
Luna Bars (2-3)
Almonds
Cheese
Fruit (cuties tangerines, applesauce, etc)
Peanut butter
Wheat bread
Granola bars
Frozen meals for DH

Hospital Bag
3 pair of undies
3 pair of socks
2 pair of pajama/lounge pants
2 nursing tops
Jeans for DH
2 shirts for DH
2 pair of undies for DH
Razors
Shaving cream

No comments:

Post a Comment